Thursday, February 12, 2009.
7:25:00 PM.
i've always liked reading stories about the busby babes and the munich air crash. it really touches my heart sometimes. football's amazing :)I was born and grew up in Ordsall where you simply had no choice but to be a United fan. As the crow flies, it’s only about a mile from Old Trafford and the school I went to on Trafford Road was very much a United school. In fact, I can’t remember a single City fan.(i found that really cute haha)Back then we didn’t even have televisions – we were just coming out of the war and these guys meant everything to us.The day after the crash, on Friday 7 February, we went to school and it was like the whole school was in mourning. Kids were in the playground and they were just crying. We had assembly in the morning and kids were breaking down everywhere.I’ve seen United win championships and cup finals since then but the Busby Babes were very, very special. The team that died in Munich was my favourite team.-Fred Done